Sunday 18 April 2010

Birthday Weekend

Today I'm reassembling the newly painted A frame...
58 tomorrow... I passed someone when doing a 3m morning run this week who shouted out 'you look too old for that job.' People seem to delight in shouting out to runners - I was up at Edale Cross a few years back and as I headed up on to Brown Knoll I heard 'You shouldn't be doing that at your age.' Again a few years back doing the CalDerLime (Cal-Der-Went Walk linked to the Limestone Way) a walker coming the other way offered: 'Are you late?'
Thanks to customers these last few weeks (inc. Louise, Glynis, Candy and Andy) I'm getting closer to reaching my target for CP.
Spent Friday night on the back lawn trying out the bivvy bag again (this 1st since last June and that awful night on Sneaton Low Moor) - was a starry night and not too cold, though I couldn't find my new Alpkit Hunka bivvy bag and used the Rab Survival Zone bag. Since found the new one which looks as if it will be more easily adjustable with a toggle at each side with an additional sleeve sewn on for the draw string - looks a good well thought out piece of kit, though won't know how breathable it will be till I try it in the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment