Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pack Choice

Over the past years I've used a very light extending bum bag with a mere 18ltr capacity. I upped the stakes a bit last year and bought an Inov8 15ltr which is tight... very tight. It's a comfortable sac suitable for running with too - designed for mountain marathoners. They also make a 20 and 25litre, so I'm preparing to upgrade this year.
I have bought a 'micro sac' - a Sea to Summit Ultra Sil a nifty 20litre affair that if you lit a tea light in would surely rise into the air like a chinese lantern!! Less it's tiny stuff sac (attached to it's tiny 'haul loop') it's a mere 68grams. It accepts all the kit (as is) but would not be suitable for running without the addition of a hip belt and sternum strap, so until time permits (it's like performing surgery on a butterfly!) I'm sticking with the Inov8 that I used on the recce for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment