Wednesday 4 August 2010

Well that went well..not

Such a feeling of disappointment - with just 38m left to go!!!
I'd tended the blisters at Shap, (lovely Shap - with newsagent's, open toilets with hot water and a bus shelter out of the rain) to press on for Patterdale though down on schedule there was still a good chance of getting to St Bees within the 5 day time frame but the first Lakeland hills took their toll and I didn't make into Patterdale until 5pm. After refuelling at the shop there I set off renewed but with very sore feet and took two whole hours to get up to Grisedale Tarn (8.00pm) where I had to make the decision to either press on or put down. At this point I calculated that a 5day plus was still a possibility with a good early start and set the alarm for 4.15am. With a high pitch (1800ft) for the tarp tent wind took much of the warmth from the sleeping bag and with only 2 dry tops left I spent a shivering night with little sleep not helped with throbbing feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment