Monday 26 July 2010

The Uber Lite night...

...was fitful. Like the early Thermarests, the Uber (at least the one I've got) has no anti slip surface... and the poly-io groundsheet is slippery, so everytime I turned over, the pad went sideways... and in the night when you're half-asleep with chilly legs...
As I haven't used a self-inflating pad for some years now, I may have over-inflated it a bit too much though but that 1" of air filled foam does offer more for the hips fo'sure.
Yesterday I laid out the plastic film groundsheet on the kitchen floor. Placing 2 gel pads in the centres of the shoulder and hip areas of the Uber seemed to do the trick (the gel pads are from the footcare kit, so no extra weight is incurred) - for lower legs it makes sense to put the reflecting foil pad back on the list...
This puts the final choice 50gms over the original target of 250gms:

Uber Lite: 225
Foil Ins.: 39
Poly-Io : 36

Total 300gms

No comments:

Post a Comment